SOUTH DEVON RAILWAY 2016 Winter Gala
|GWR Class “1366” 0-6-0PT 1369||Photo © 2015|
|Timetables and other documents|
WINTER GALA – February 13th – 21st 2016
In order to get the new, 2016, season off to a stunning start we have a great event in the planning at which it is hoped there will be two visiting locomotives – details of each will be released in due course.
There will be an evening photo shoot at Buckfastleigh on the Friday evening. Timeline Events is helping promote this for us, and this year in addition to the shed scene (featuring 6 loco’s 1369, 1420, 1450, 6412, 3205 & L92) GWR 0-6-0PT 4612 will head a GWR branch train lit up in the main platform at Buckfastleigh. As well as providing photographic variety, by having multiple scenes we can accommodate more people. Professional lighting will be set up specially for this event. Details on how to book tickets for this part of the event will be made available in early 2016.
Train sets for the event should be as follows:
- 1 and 2 coach auto trains (W225W+W228W)
- 3 coach BR Chocolate & Cream Mk 1 rake (34945+4805+4802)
- 4 coach BR Crimson and Cream rake (W1645W+1917+4962+4496)
- 2 coach GWR local set (1295+7377) – Fruit D van added on selected services.
- GWR 0-4-2T 1420 and 1450 on shed together
- 225 timetabled trains over the nine days
- The seven locomotives will cover almost 1200 miles
Railcar W55000 will feature on the Friday evening to allow services to continue whilst the photo shoot takes place.
Goods, Milk and Parcels trains will operate at various times, along with shunting at both Buckfastleigh and Staverton Yard as required.
It is planned to open the real ale bar from Friday 19th to Sunday 21st at Staverton ( subject to license ).
The Ashburton layout will be operating in the museum on the second weekend, and possibly the first. The original signal box will be open at the weekends, and it is hoped to open the Lee Moor Museum at the weekends, subject to weather conditions. In the museum there will be free activities for children aged 3 - 8 every afternoon from Monday to Friday. The museum will be open late on Friday evening for visiting photographers to take atmospheric shots of some of our exhibits.
Ale list for the Ale Festival for the long weekend of 19th to 21st February is as follows:
- Bude: Porthbud Pale Ale 4.0%
- Bude: Summerleaze Golden Ale 4.7%
- Holsworthy: Okey Smokey 4.5%
- Holsworthy: Paler Shade of Ale 4.6%
- Topsham: Bitter 3.9%
- Isca: First Frost 4.9%
- Isca: Gold 4.5%
- Isca: Humbug 5.0%
- Isca: Dawlish Bitter 4.2%
- New Lion: Mane Event 3.8%
- Cornish Crown: Golden Crown 4.0%
- Cornish Crown: I.P.A 5.5%
- Hunters: Premium 4.8%
- Hunters: Devon Dreamer 4.1%
- Kennet & Avon: Pillbox 4.0%
- Kennet & Avon: Caen Hill Hop 5.0%
- Wessex: Russian Stout 9.0%
- Wessex: Merrie Mink 4.2%
- Twisted Oak: Leveret 4.6%
- Twisted Oak: Slippery Slope 5.3%
- Rebel Brewing Co: Surfbum I.P.A 3.5%
- Rebel Brewing Co: Eighty Shilling 5.0%
Also available Green Valley Medium Cider 5.5%
£3.00 per pint.
Please note that downloadable documents are in Adobe® "pdf" format, so you will need the Adobe® plug-in to read them. If you haven't got this yet then please click on the Adobe® icon above to download it.
(Please Note the South Devon Railway is not responsible for any damage that may occur by downloading or using third party software).
*Opens in a new window.