SOUTH DEVON RAILWAY – Rails and Ales
23rd to 26th August 2019
This August Bank Holiday, come to the South Devon Railway for a feast of steam and diesel trains – our famous beer and cider festival too!
We’ll be running trains all day with departures from each end of the line (Buckfastleigh and Totnes) at frequent intervals throughout the day.
At Buckfastleigh, our London Transport Routemaster ’bus ( see below for timetable ) will be running trips to Buckfast Abbey and along to Ashburton, the original terminus of our line, the garden railway and all our usual attractions, from the museum to the gardens and gift shop, will be open.
At Staverton, our midway point on the line, the beer and cider festival will be in full swing from 11.0am until late (6pm on Monday), offering a great selection of different ales, craft beers and ciders to enjoy from Devon Diesel Society’s award-winning bar.
In addition, there should be:
- a barbecue on Friday & Saturday evening
- buffet car serving a variety of hot and cold foods and soft drinks
- a ‘just for fun’ quiz on Sunday evening.
- Timetables and the list of Ales etc. will be posted here nearer the event.
- Public Timetable
- Working Timetable
- List of ales: NEW 17 August 2019.
- List of ales with tasting notes: NEW 17 August 2019.
- Normal Omnibus Public Timetable for 2019.
Please note that all these documents are in Adobe® "pdf" format, so you will need the Adobe® plug-in to read them. If you haven't got this yet then please click on the Adobe® icon above to download it.
(The South Devon Railway is not responsible for any damage that may occur by downloading or using third party software).
The South Devon Railway reserves the right to change train services without notice.
*Opens in a new window.